My dad had an issue with his laptop earlier this week. Whenever he turned on his laptop, it booted up to a blinking cursor after the manufacturer’s logo.
You will need a few things to fix this:
- USB/CD of the Windows version of your computer ( Google ‘digital river windows 7’)
- Enable your computer to boot up a USB/CD.
- Boot up from your CD/USB.
- Click ‘Repair your computer.’
- Try running the Startup Repair and see if that fixes your problems.
- If that doesn’t work, open the command prompt and input each command below.
bootrec /fixmbr bootrec /fixboot bootrec /ScanOs bootrec /RebuildBCD