If you are getting a “‘jar’ is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.” after installing J2SE, you probably do not have it set in your path environment.
- Grab your jdk directory. Being on Windows 7 x64, mine is
- Go to Control Panel -> System -> Advanced system settings
- Click on the Advanced Tab -> Environment Variables
- Look for the Path variable in the System Variables and click on “Edit”.
- Add your folder directory in there with a “;”, for example