I just finished Mark Cuban’s book How to Win at the Sport of Business: If I Can Do It, You Can Do It . It is an absolute buy at $2.99 for the Kindle.
The book was inspiring and included great lessons that an entrepreneur should learn.
- The best skill in life is selling. Learn to sell, you are always selling when you own a business. Don’t sell your product, sell the solution to their problem.
- Customers will work with you if you have other customers.
- Business is a competition that is 7 x 24 x 365 forever.
- “Going to college should be about experiencing as much academically as you possibly can, but more importantly, it should be about learning how to learn and recognizing that learning is a lifelong endeavor. School isn’t the end of the learning process, it’s purely a training ground and beginning.
- “All that matters in business is that you get it right once. Then everyone can tell you how lucky you are.”
- “Everyone has got the will to win; it’s only those with the will to prepare that do win.”
- One thing we can all control is effort. Put in the time to become an expert in whatever you’re doing. It will give you an advantage because most people don’t do this.